Pages

Wednesday 7 January 2015

Sob...{expletives ahead}

So what I WANTED to show you all today was some pictures of my neat-o finished project I teased with last post.

What I have is an excercise in frustration and irony.

I have two projects that have deadlines in the next two weeks:
  • a mug-rug swap that is due to be posted in a couple of days
  • I want a spiffy new handbag to take with me to Quilt Symposium at the end of next week.
I also have a block to finish making for our Quilt Guild's presidents challenge in time for our February meeting.

I have pieced the mug-rugs, worked out my pattern for the bag, just have to quilt two teeny little mug-rugs and the bag pieces, whip the bag pieces together and then I can play with my block right?

I even have 2 hours un-interrupted in the troll cave to play with.

Easy peasy!!




Ahem.


I started with the mug-rugs. First deadline and my partner Helmy will be expecting a squishy package very soon. Could NOT work out why my tension was so buggy! Not quite enough to rip it all out, but enough that it was driving me nuts.

Found it:
That white bit? Broken
Ahhh so my walking foot isn't walking because the top part that holds the thing on the needle arm is cracked through. It doens't walk, it shulmps along, trying to eat my quilt. Well, fuck.


But have no fear! I can regain my mojo! Bag pieces need to be FMQ'd!

Change of foot, line everything up, here we go....Ooooh that needle is looking rather close to the back of the foot, why is that?....That needle hit the foot that time, I'm sure of it!


Found it:
That white bit? Broken
The top part that holds the thing on the needle arm is cracked through. Well, fuck.

Hang about!!???!! How did I manage that? I have worn out both my quilting feet, in exactly the same way, at the same time.

Well, fuck.

Looks like I won't have a new handbag for Symposium. But at least Helmy will get her mug-rugs on time (Sorry Helmy, the stitching isn't quite up to my usual standard).
Ssssh only the backs until I send them away....

Time to sort out my goals for the quarter.

I need wine

Cheerio!




No comments:

Post a Comment