Pages

Thursday 10 April 2014

Feeling like a mother hen watching her chicks

Had a fantastic meeting at the Wellington Quilt guild this evening. The lovely Anna Hicks was our guest speaker this month.

She is a lovely and talented young lady that works at one of the local craft stores and has just finished a degree in fashion and business. She has already been a finalist in the World of WearableArt (WOW) competition. She bought along her collection she created as part of her final assignments for her degree. They were all garments made from recycled fabrics sourced from Op-shops and attics and were absolutely fabulous!

My favourite was the jumpsuit made from an old and stained double wedding ring quilt that she over-dyed and re-worked.
Gorgeous!
But for me, the highlight of the night was definitely show and tell. This was the first Guild meeting after I ran my class 3 weeks ago. And there were a few familiar looking quilts....
Some that are still WIPs

Look look! They are finished already
I got some close ups too. This one is one of two. The maker has two daughters both celebrating birthdays soon so she used the blocks to make matching wall-hangings for them:
Pretty oriental fabrics with Chinese coins added
This one is still a WIP but nearly done. It looks so different in low-volume french blues:
Love the alternating plain blocks too
Fun and vibrant prints, perfect for any kid or kid-at-heart:
And this lady made this in the bigger size and already has plans to make it bigger again!


It is reminding me that I need to get off my butt and finish a few more of my WIPs - my patterns! My Etsy Shop is looking a little bare.

Cheerio.


No comments:

Post a Comment